07 January 2013

Happy 2013

Well, it seems I've survived 2012, but only by the skin of my teeth. My wife and I had a wonderful holiday with great friends, then Christmas with the family was fun. I got some nice presents and drank some awesome wines.

My car got stolen from inside my yard on Boxing day, and that put quite a damper on the festivities. Bastards.  New Years was a blast as always.

So, I'm not going to do a best books of 2012 or most awaited books of 2013, seeing as I'm lazy at the moment. I will share some of my plans for 2013. I do not call them resolutions, seeing as resolutions gets broken in no time flat.

1. Buy a new car as soon as the insurance people sort their stuff out. Bastard thieves.
2. Lose 15kg. Needs to be done
3. Only read good books. Nothing depresses me more than a bad story. Not sure how I'm going to pull this one off, but here's to hoping!
4. Blog more
5. Write more. That is the big one for this year.
6. Take my little motorcycle on a weekend trip.

I'm not going to say drink less and exersize more, seeing as lying to ones self seems stupid.

I managed to finish three books on holiday. The Whitefire Crossing by Courtney Schafer, The Long Earth by Pratchett & Baxter and Redshirts by John Scalzi. Reviews are in the pipeline.

Here is to hoping that 2013 is better than 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment