18 March 2013

I interrupt the usual proceedings

Phew what a weekend! I attended a fun bachelors and went flying off my motorcycle. This necessitated a visit to the hospital, where I was poked and scanned for a while and then I received the news that I fractured my sternum. It hurts quite bad, but with no bruised organs or chips of bone to worry about I see myself as quite lucky. I'm also as stiff as a damn plank and starting to go blue in some places. That means I'm healing.

The motorcycle is a bit crocked, with the handlebars a mess and quite a few scrapes. Hopefully it can get fixed with the minimum of fuss and money.

This, and two weddings I have to attend this week, will lead to some quiet time on the blog. Everything should be back to normal next week if all goes well.

2 comments:

  1. nasty, look after yourself! still, more time for reading right? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too hopped up on pain meds yesterday to do anything, but feeling better today. Working my way through the Blinding Knife by Weeks at the moment.

      Delete